Zoning Board Agendas, Documents & Minutes
Zoning Office Responsibilities
The Municipal Land Use Law, N.J.S.A.40:55D, is the state statute that regulates land use in the State of New Jersey. The Zoning Division is responsible for the enforcement of this statute, as well as the enforcement of local zoning ordinances adopted by the City of Millville. Duties of the Division include:
- To discover and ascertain the existence of any zoning violations.
- Investigate any alleged zoning violation.
- Prosecute zoning violations in Municipal Court as provided by law.
- Report to the Millville Zoning Board of Adjustment with respects to matters before the Board when required.
- Review, inspect, and issue required zoning permits for residential and non-residential properties.
- Ensure compatibility of signage with surrounding land uses.
When considering changes to your property in the City of Millville, you most likely require both zoning and construction permits. It is your responsibility to contact the department to confirm if a permit is required.
- Minimum Zoning Requirements
- Zoning Permit Application and Instructions (fences, pool, structures, etc.)
- Municipal Code
- Business Occupancy Application
- Zoning Map
- Zoning Board Application and Instructions (variance application)
Zoning Board of Adjustment
Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 6:00pm in the City Commission Chambers located on the 4th Floor of City Hall, 12 S High Street, Millville, NJ 08332.
Zoning Board of Adjustment Members
- John Worthington, Chairman
- Robert Conner, Vice-Chairman
- Veronica Chainey
- Timothy Carty
- George Latore
- Sheila Roselle
- Pauline Velez
- Sharlene Johnson, Alternate No.1
- Angeline Broomhall, Alternate No. 2
- Vacant, Alternate No. 3
- Vacant, Alternate No. 4
- Nathan VanEmbden, Solicitor