Marriage licenses and civil unions are obtained through the Registrar's Office in the City of Millville on the third floor of the Municipal Building.
Fees & Regulations
- A completed application without signatures for marriage licenses/civil unions can be brought in by APPOINTMENT ONLY any time Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Marriage license/civil union applications are to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides, and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey. If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the ceremony will be performed; the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
- To apply for the license both applicants (must be 18 years or older) and one witness 18 years or older must be present. We respectfully request that both applicants bring their driver's license and/or utility bill for proof of residency.
- Once the application has been taken, there is a 72-hour waiting period. Once the license has been issued, it is valid for 30 days.
- The fee for the marriage license / civil union is $28, which is due at the time of the application, cash or check only. (Checks made out to the City of Millville).
Certificate of Marriage / Civil Union
The officiant who performs the ceremony files the certificate with the registrar of the municipality where the ceremony was performed.
Licenses from Other States
A license may never be used outside of New Jersey, and a license issued in another state may never be used in New Jersey.