Please call the Registrar's Office for instructions on how to apply for a Marriage License or Vital Records at (856) 825-7000 x7603.
The Office of the Registrar of Vital Statistics handles birth, marriage / civil union, and death records for events that occur in the City of Millville starting in 1866.
Certified copies of a birth, marriage/civil union, or death that took place in Millville can be obtained by submitting a completed request form to the Registrar's Office on the third floor of the Municipal Building. The Vital Statistics Office will no longer accept a request to search or certify a birth, marriage/civil union, or death record from the file unless it is by court order, or the person who is making the request is the:
- Agent/agencies of a state, local, or federal government for official purpose or the commissioner of health and senior services under other emergent circumstances
- Child of subject
- Current spouse of subject
- Grandchild of subject
- Legal guardian
- Legal representative
- Subject's parent(s)
This person must have the following information:
- The exact name(s) that is currently recorded on the birth, marriage/civil union, or death record (first, middle, last)
- The exact place of birth, marriage/civil union, or death (city)
- The exact date of birth, marriage/civil union, or death (month, day, year)
- The parent's full names at the time of their birth (for birth and death records only)
The person requesting the information must provide a photo ID with address, or two alternative forms of ID with name and address, such as non-photo driver's license, vehicle registration, insurance card, voter registration, or utility bill(s).
Request by Mail
A request can be processed by mail simply by sending a notarized letter providing the above mentioned information, a photocopy of the appropriate ID as mentioned above, a check or money order made payable to the City of Millville, and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Requests are completed the same day. The fee is $15 for each certified copy of birth certificates and marriage certificates, and $25 for the first certified copy of a death certificate and $2 for each certificate thereafter.
For more information on obtaining vital records in New Jersey, you can visit the State of New Jersey website.